Total Pageviews

Sunday 29 October 2017

rare Canadian poetry for postage cost (?)

bill bissett recently sent me the following request for help finding homes for extra copies of his seminal blewointmentpress collections. I also have extra copies of Unfinished Monument Press poetry I published from the late 1970s thru the 1980s. It looks like we're both open to offers - a little help with postage and you could snag some rare collectible Canadiana!Image result for blewointmentpress 

dere chris hi great 2 heer from yu
evreething sounds xcelent ther
evreethings xcelent heer
iuv bin going thru all my stuff
taking out th xtra blewointmentpress'
books n stuff
wher i dont know th address uv th
prson
in a lot uv cases i dew n sent xtra copeez
2  th author  sumtimes i cant find out
tho n i need mor space heer
i drempt reelee uv yu cumming 4 t n
picking them n taking them 2 nicky in
t bay 2 sell them 4 yrself or give them 2
him whatevr yu want 2 dew on yr next
brillyant road trip n thers not that manee
uv them

itul prob take anothr month 4 me 2 get
it 2gethr
sumtime let me know if ths is a viabul or
brillyant plan 4 yu

hope yu ar having an awsum evreething

lots uv love n thanks
bill


still more offers:


Hi Chris,
Wonderful to hear from you -- as always. I guess there are a few of us in the same situation. I've got piles of Rampikes plus books from IWI Communications, and Underwhich Editions (two small presses that I was involved with years ago). Yeah, and Nicky is mighty far away.

It's an odd puzzle, isn't it? You'd think there would be something like a major Library wing or some "safe-house" for literary publishers (maybe funded by some arts-related government wing -- possibly on the municipal or provincial level). Well, I guess there is no such thing, although I do know that some libraries will take publishers' old poetry collections  (limited numbers -- a few copies of each book) for their archives. It might be worth a try approaching some Toronto libraries (either city libraries or maybe university or college ones).

I'm pretty sure that blewointment could find a home (has bill been consulted -- hope he's doing ok). Unfinished Monument doesn't have quite the fame, but it's still important and maybe the two could be linked with a library placement -- especially if there are some cross-over authors involved with both of those small presses. Just a thought.
I'm in the same situation. Sigh.

Peace and love to you to, brother!
Karl

Dr. Karl E. Jirgens, Editor, Rampike Magazine
Dept. of English Language, Literature & Creative Writing
Professor, University of Windsor


                                               
                                                      ~      ~      ~


$$$$ Be a mule for the CCLA.  :-)  books not drugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear All – See the word BUT – it is an important BUT that you can help pay for.

Hi Chris and Bill – about your orphan poetry book collections

Let me start with the word BUT.

I can take one (1)  copy of every Canadian published book that you have BUT they will be going to Cuba. I have pledged to the University of HolguĂ­n that I will build the largest collection in all of Cuba of Canadian Literature – including poetry – for the university library. Actually we are well on the way. Kim and I are taking hundreds more this winter.

I have letters from the Cuban Consul, the head of the Canadian Studies program, from the head of the English department as well as from a professor that is coordinating this BUT we need money to pay for the shipping. Books are heavy. Because I am the prez of the CCLA – Canada Cuba Literary Alliance – we are given a free extra luggage to carry books when we fly West Jet.  If you want to go to Cuba with books I can arrange for you to have an extra luggage for the books also.

If you want to give the nudge to your friends and collect the cash we can take more but they will have to be paid for.

Collect the cash, send me the book and the cash and I will take them or arrange for them to go.

I THINK that they will charge me $30 for the 3rd luggage and $30 for each one after that but I will have to check. I will have to check my ticket for how heavy each $30 can be.

If anyone is interested you can contact me.

All the best

tai

This message is being sent from
Hidden Brook Press, or the personal email of Richard M. Grove = Tai

No comments: