Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 February 2013

Great evening at The Cat Sass Coffeehouse


Thanks Ursula, Casey & Caz -  for a great evening  :  )

Reading at Cat Sass last nite was one of the most enjoyable gigs I've done in over 3 decades on the CanLit scene (including many of the gigs which I've organized!). The venue is great (I keep having flashbacks of the head shop in Coconut Grove, Florida, circa 1968!) and the audience is very responsive, friendly, interactive & attentive. I was pleasantly surprised at the large audience for a rural area - my estimate is 35 - 45. And it was a lot more fun than some of the stuffier & self-conscious literary events in 'the big city'.   

It was enjoyable listening to & meeting with fellow readers Jennifer & Bruce. We all exchanged books, & I'm sure the various connections we made last nite will continue.

Thanks again for getting me back on the CC list - now I'm starting to daydream of finally making it to the left coast on a government sponsored flight  :  )

peace & poetry power!
Chris ... and Chase  Wrffffffffffffffffffff!

p.s. my buddy Morley enjoyed reading in the open set, & he received some nice feedback on his 'drone poem'
p.p.s. Tai, I sold, traded or comped all 8 or 9 books I took last nite - down to final 3 - so will order more when I return from TO in early March
(Casey bought 3 to sell at Cat Sass - in keeping with the atmosphere!)


Cat Sass

1 comment:

Ed Baker said...

looks like door-way is en
trance into a warm "cave"
Who lives upstairs

that window a little open
reminding me of